Tips for Selecting a Roofing Company
May 2019 by Heartland Roofing Siding and Windows
The biggest obstacle homeowners face when looking to fix or replace their roof is choosing the right person to do the job. Finding a contractor who is trustworthy, honest, and professional may sound difficult – but that’s where we come in. We’d like to share these important tips with you to express we are a company who is reputable and can be trusted to protect your home and your wallet.
- Talk with your friends and neighbors: There is less chance of potential issues or scams when you choose a contractor that has performed work with a friend or neighbor.
a. You can’t always trust what you read online, however, homeowners from all over Iowa have given us rave reviews.
b. Chances are you’ve seen one of our yard signs in your neighborhood.
- Look for manufacturer certifications. These are considered a badge of honor because the contractors must pass certain minimum requirements to be a factor, GAF strictly enforces their top certifications.
a. We are proud to have both GAF and Owens-Corning certifications.
- Check Better Business Bureau Rating Check for proper licensing and insurance.
a. See our BBB A+ rating HERE
- Check for proper licensing and insurance.
a. We provide our certificate for validation.
- Don’t give in to pressure from contractors.
a. Watch out for a contractor who pressures you to sign a contract before the insurance company has estimated the damage.
And last check out this related article by the BBB HERE.
Think you need repair or want a professional opinion about your roof’s health? Call us at 800-681-4169 or on our CONTACT PAGE to request an appointment from one of our trained professional inspectors.