Heartland Roofing Siding and Windows is a local family-owned, operated, and success-driven commercial roofing company with an A+ rating with the BBB. We currently are looking for a Quality Roofing Field Inspector for our roofing division a growing team that has a consistent reputation for top-quality work. The Quality Roofing Field Inspector will address any and all customer questions or concerns as they arise regarding aspects of their roofing project. The Quality Roofing Field Inspector will work to ensure all projects are compliant with municipal, state and federal codes and regulations as it relates to roofing.
If you share a passion for working in a fast-paced, rapid growth company committed to professional excellence, apply today and we’d love to consider you!
Job Responsibilities: Full-Time Position
- Perform residential roof inspections to ensure the quality of work meets both customer and company standards
- Identify or confirm any residential roofing issues or problems and provide solutions to correct them
- Ability to perform small shingle/siding repairs on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for the development of roofing specifications, checklists, quality standards
- Perform roofing testing activities consistent with industry standards including water testing, adhesion testing, etc.
- Ensure that all construction adheres to and is compliant with local municipal, state and federal building code requirements regarding roofing
- Clearly and accurately document any specific information pertaining to roofing projects in the company database
- Meet with the foreman for crew selection and set production goals before job start
- Monitor quality through field inspections/customer feedback.
- Identify recurring issues in the field and assist the Operations management team in training and educating staff on client-specific regulations, policies, and procedures to eliminate those issues
- Address, acknowledge and resolve any issues related to roofing installs brought forth by the homeowner during an inspection
- Recruit qualified employees for the company
- Work with crews to maintain and improve morale
- Enforce company policies and standards
- During the daily job site, visits conduct a safety check
Preferred Job Requirements: (Training available to the right individuals).
- 2+ years in construction and/or home improvement industry is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with residential roofing products is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a construction site inspection or other quality assurance related is preferred
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of roofing materials and products
- Preferred Knowledge of local, state and federal building codes.
- Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a process improvement-oriented mindset
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- The individual in this position must be comfortable routinely standing, sitting, climbing or kneeling in order to conduct a thorough inspection
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds is also required
- MUST have a good driving record
Salary: TBD Upon Experience
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
What Can Heartland Roofing Siding and Windows Offer You?
- Growth - We have more than quadrupled our business over the past few years and are presently expanding into more new markets.
- Advancement - We have recently promoted many internal staff members to senior management positions and offer external training.
- Security - We operate profitably and are enhancing the benefits and care of our employees.
- Professionalism - We are investing heavily in quality improvements and establishing industry-best operations.
- Teamwork - We are focused on assisting each other and working together to take care of our customers.